Red Onion & Indian-Spiced Houmous
- 2 tbsp Mr Hugh’s Rapeseed Oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp each cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 × 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander
- In a non – stick pan heat 1 tbsp of the oil, then fry the onion until soft and lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Toast the spices for a couple of mins on a low heat, then remove from the heat and grind to make a powder. In a food processor, blitz together the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, spices, salt, the coriander and red onion until smooth.
- Tip into a serving bowl and dress with the remaining Rapeseed Oil.
Great served with warm pitta bread.