Home » Rapeseed Oil Recipes » Avocado Houmous
- 300g dried chickpeas – soaked overnight and drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tsp toasted cumin seeds crushed
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- Large handful of coriander
- 3 tbsp Mr Hugh’s Rapeseed Oil
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cover the chickpeas with boiling water. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Drain, reserving 200ml of the cooking liquid.
- Allow to cool. Blend with all the other ingredients, adding the reserved liquid until you’re happy with the texture. Season.